Saturday, July 24, 2010

Week 2 - Passions of Action Research

I learned alot this week about the wondering of action research. I learned about leading with passion and knowledge. There are nine areas of passion: staff development, curriculum development, individual teachers, individual students, community/culture building, leadership skills, management, school performance, and social justice. I also spend also alot of researching what I wanted to provide for my campus as far as action research. I decided that I wanted to do action research on RTI. I am very excited about my action research project. Here is a piece of my ideas for my research.

Purpose
I have stepped into a new role at my school as the Instructional Coach. At our school we have not had a present instructional coach in a few years. We are trying to develop a stronger RTI in reading. After long discussions with my site supervisor, he suggested that I focus my action research on RTI and the needs of the school. My plan is to look at the data from TAKS, TPRI, ITBS and develop tier 2 and tier 3 groups for the start of the school year. From there I will focus my time and research on assisting teachers with strategies for tier 2 intervention in the classroom. I will continue to use the data throughout the year to drive the intervention groups. Our campus will reevaluate after the data from state test comes in during the spring semester.
Significance
This action research will help all involved. It will first help the students get the support they need and extra assists in Reading. This will also help the teachers because it will teach them how to effectively use intervention strategies and small groups. I am hoping that it will raise state testing scores but more importantly help students become proficient readers. The action research will provide teachers with a clear list of students, show them the data need to drive the instruction and show the progress made in students reading scores.

I cant wait to see the journey that next week will lead me into. Until next week.......

No comments:

Post a Comment